Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hello, there!

After much deliberation and with no further ado, here we go!  Welcome to my little world of kids, crafting, cooking and chaos.  I hope to post a few times a week, sharing ideas and projects that I'm perpetually working on. 

Here's a project that I enjoyed working on; it's a small square journal:

The journal came from Michael's dollar bin awhile back, it originally had a monogram on it.  (Hint:  I picked this up for .25 in their clearance stuff.  Love that!)  I removed the covers by opening up the o-wires, then painted them with olive craft paint, front and back.  After that dried, I smudged on some metallic olive paint, stamped the sentiment and matted it.  The flower is made by smushing (is that a real word?) some orange cardstock, then cutting it out on my Cuttlebug with a Sizzix die "Flower Layers" which looks a bit like a poppy to me.  I used a bit of dry brushing with a burnt umber paint on the edges, then some metallic orange chalk.  Smushed some more, then glued the layers.  I put the whole shebang back together and TA DA! 

Simple cards:

Enjoy and have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment