Monday, January 10, 2011

Long Time, No hear!

Happy New Year!  As part of my resolutions this year, I want to keep up with this blog.  What's new in my world?  Well, the Girl is now 9 years old and in 3rd grade.  She's a Brownie this year, and I have offered  to co-lead her troop.  We are now selling cookies, and things will be hectic but fun!

The Boy has turned 5, and started preschool at the same preschool that the Girl attended.  They are a wonderful bunch of teachers and they adore him.  He's working on social skills and following directions; two things he will need for Kindergarten next year.  It's almost time to register him for school here in NC.

I have begun sewing again.  The Girl got an Our Generation 18" doll like the American Girl doll for Christmas.  And a sewing machine, courtesy of her loving mother.  I hope to instill a love of sewing; she already loves fabrics and has a great eye for color.  Anyway, as a part of teaching her to sew, I found lots of free online patterns for AG dolls.  I've been sewing up a storm, tearing apart old clothes and hunting for little trims to work into the designs.  Lots of Fun!!

TTFN -
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment