Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Glitter and Glass and Cricut - OH MY!

Both the Boy and the Girl ride the bus to and from school each day.  Yesterday, they brought home little treat bags that were filled with snacks, candy and a special pencil, given to them by their bus driver.  She's a fantsatic bus driver, and it can't be easy.  She's always on time, happy to see the kids, and she always smiles and waves.  Honestly, I don't know how she does it!  I'd be pulling my hair out, between the traffic and the noise from the back seats.  But, she shows up every day, she knows the kids at each stop, and she looks after them - always.

I wanted to do something special for her, so I figured I'd try the glitter glass ornaments that I'd seen plastered all over the crafty blogs for the past few years.  So, here's my contribution to the plethora of ideas: 



I used glass ornaments that I'd found at last season's clearance sale at Michael's.  The ornaments are about 3" wide, and flattened.  I used polyurethane gloss finish (craft paint) inside the bulb, then put in about a half of a small tube of poly glitter.  I put my finger over the opening, and shook it around, then added a bit more to cover some bare spots. 

I cut the bus from Stretch Your Imagination at 1.3" on my Imagine.  I cut it out of Wall Pops vinyl, which happened to be exactly the right color.  Easy peasy!!

I have a small covered box that I'll put it into wrapped up in some tissue paper to give it to her. 

I bet the kids will want to make some for their teachers as well.  Maybe an apple on each one?

No comments:

Post a Comment