Saturday, February 11, 2012

Imagine Flower Bouquet

My son is in Kindergarten this year, and I visit his classroom frequently.  His teacher's birthday was last week.  He told me the night before!  So, I whipped up this little number using my Imagine and some plain cardstock:



It's a birthday flower bouquet!  I used my Imagine and the Audrey pattern cartridge along with flowers from the Forever Young Cricut cartridge.  The leaves are from Flower Shoppe, the cupcake and butterflies are from the inherent images on the Imagine and the sentiment is from Imagine More Cards. 

I used a painted metal bucket from the dollar spot at Target that was in my stash.  I put a piece of floral foam into the bucket, making sure it was about an inch from the top. 

I painted some bamboo skewers with green craft paint.  I just used my fingers to rub it on then let them dry. 

The flowers, butterflies and cupcake are cut at 3" and the smaller center layer for the flowers is cut at 1.2 to 1.6"  I used hot glue to glue the centers to the larger flower, then glued a matching button on the center.  I flipped the flowers over and glued the blunt end of the skewer to the middle of the flower, then glued another small center layer over the ugly end on the back to pretty it up a bit.  Here's the back: 

I stuck the flowers into the foam, then put a bag of glass gems in the bucket around and on top of the foam.  This adds weight and covers up the foam.  You could also use some rocks or pennies, and then put moss on top of the foam. 

Some inking around the edges would have really made this project *pop* but I think it turned out great considering I only had an HOUR to make this!!!

His teacher loved the bouquet!  The kids did too.  Then I found out that his classroom's Teacher's Aide is having a birthday this week.....  Her favorite color is purple.... 

1 comment:

  1. How CUTE! And to do this at the last minute too. :) I'll have to keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete